Ricotta Pancakes with Fresh Fruit and Yoghurt
Written by Simone Austin | DietitianMay 1st, 2020
Makes 6 large or 8 medium pancakes
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons (40g) sugar
- ~170g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra virgin olive oil, to fry
- Butter, to fry
- Sliced fruit, to serve
- Yoghurt, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- In a bowl mix the ricotta, milk and egg with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Sift the flour, soda and salt into a bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter, beating well until smooth. Gradually whisk the ricotta mixture into the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a large heavy based, non-stick frying pan, and add a little extra virgin olive oil and butter and pour in 1/3 cup batter to form a large pancake.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes until bubbles appear over the surface, then flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep warm while, cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve hot with a spoonful of yoghurt and sliced fruit such as bananas, strawberries or kiwifruit slices and some maple syrup.