Top Recipe for Your Lunch Break: Baked Frittata
- 2 medium (400g) all round potatoes (for example Sebago)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ red capsicum cut finely
- 70g lean bacon, chopped
- 100g frozen chopped spinach or fresh baby spinach
- 200g fresh tomatoes, chopped into small pieces or canned
- 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs e.g. oregano, basil
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease an oven proof 5cm deep, 26cm x 16.5cm dish. Precook the potatoes by boiling or microwaving until tender. Cool a little and thinly slice.
- In a frying pan add a little oil, then the onion and bacon and fry until the onion has softened and the bacon slightly brown. Add the capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. If you have fresh spinach add that until it has wilted.
- Line the prepared dish with a layer using half of the potatoes.
- Add the eggs into a bowl and beat well. Add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients apart from the potato and cheese into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture over the potato layer, then top with remaining potato and pour the rest of the mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Serve with a fresh salad or cooked vegetables.