Jesinta Franklin’s Winter Harvest
There’s a lot to be said for eating seasonally. It’s good for the environment, helps the back pocket, and supports local businesses and growers. It can also lead you on a culinary adventure by inspiring you to get creative with what’s available and try new dishes.
We recently joined model and author, Jesinta Franklin, as she took us shopping to her local veggie seller for produce to make pumpkin soup. Nature had other plans though and gave out a fun plot twist with her seasonal offering. Check out the video below to find out how Jesinta got creative with the bounty available and pivoted to create a delicious winter feast.
Jesinta’s winter roast veggies
- Purple cauliflower
- Sweet potato
- Red capsicum
- Any other vegetable you’d like to include
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- Wash and chop veggies. Place in a casserole / oven proof dish.
- Add salt, rosemary and thyme, and drizzle with oil – mix together to ensure veggies are coated.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes, until the veggies start to look slightly charred.
- Serve topped with feta.