Hummus Dip Recipe
Hummus is a great way to eat legumes that many of us don’t otherwise eat. These have plenty of protein, carbohydrate and dietary fibre; including prebiotic fibre to feed your gut bacteria.
Hummus dip recipe
- 1 x 425g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves crushed or finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste (dehulled)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- Place the chickpeas, salt, cumin, tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, water into a food processor or blender and process until combined.
- With the motor running drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and process until smooth
- You may need to add more water or oil if it is too thick.
- If you like things a little spicy you could add some chilli flakes or one small chilli before blending.
- Place in a bowl, drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and serve with cut up vegetables and some sour dough bread.