Tim Robards' Cacao Protein Pancakes
We all know starting the day with the right breakfast is essential, but between gym sessions, the daily commute and early work meetings it can be hard to find time to eat well. So we asked celebrity personal trainer and Pure Warrior fan Tim Robards for his go-to recipe for a fast protein hit. “I usually go for something quick and easy like cacao protein pancakes,” says Tim. “I love them because not only are they an easy breakfast to whip up to kick start your day, they’re also a great snack to have after a workout.”
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 heaped tbls. of almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tsp. of stevia or monk fruit natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup cacao chips or dark chocolate (above 70% cocoa)
- Mix ingredients together until batter is formed (warning, it will be thick!).
- Pour onto non-stick pan and flip once the top starts to bubble.
- Serve with fresh blueberries.
This recipe will make about seven pancakes, which can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave or using a fry pan.