Pumpkin And Red Lentil Soup Recipe
How to Make Our Favourite Pumpkin and Red lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 5 cups peeled, pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 large brown onion chopped finely
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ dry red lentils, washed
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of milk powder
- Peel and cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Chop the bacon and onion into small pieces and sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until soft and slightly brown in a large saucepan.
- Add in 2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped pumpkin, lentils and chicken stock.
- Add the curry powder, nutmeg and cracked black pepper.
- Simmer until pumpkin is very soft and lentils cooked.
- For a creamy soup mix the 2 tablespoons of milk powder with a little water into a paste and add in, stirring well. Cook for another minute or two.
- Cool the soup a little and blend until smooth.
- To serve sprinkle with some fresh parsley, chives or Parmesan cheese.