Andrographis Masterclass: Five Key Facts
Winter is here, and that means it’s a key time to support your immune health, to help maintain general wellbeing over the coming months.
The buzzword this winter is andrographis. If you’re not familiar with the wonders of this ancient plant, then you just might be after reading this. A little-known herb, it has some fantastic properties that are great to help support immune health.
1. Also known as the King of Bitters or Indian Echinacea
Andrographis is also known as Indian Echinacea or - thanks to its bitter taste - the King of Bitters. It has white-purple flowers and is widely used to help relieve symptoms of mild tonsillitis and mild upper respiratory tract infections.
2. Traditionally used in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine
The benefits of andrographis have been known for quite some time, particularly within ancient traditional Chinese and Ayurveda (Indian) medicines, where it has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments.
3. High in antioxidant properties
Andrographis naturally contains antioxidant properties. These amazing little compounds help to protect cells against potential free radical damage.
4. Helps relieve mild symptoms of tonsillitis and sinusitis
Yes, this innocuous little green herb may help relieve symptoms of mild tonsillitis and sinusitis. Is there anything not to love about it?
5. A key ingredient in Swisse Ultiboost Immune ForteSwisse Ultiboost Immune Forte recently joined our Swisse Immune health range, as a premium-quality formula containing andrographis (you guessed it!). It’s designed to help relieve the severity of symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections and to help support immune system health.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balance diet. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.